• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski Testimonial (1 Viewer)

Raptor

Just thought I would share this with anyone considering Swarovski, I purchased a used STS80mm USED on ebay one yr. ago from a fellow in the US (I live in Canada) unfortunatly it fell over and busted into several pieces, I sent it to the Can. dealer (Kindermann Canada.) they had to send it to Austria for repair, 5 wks later I received it back in perfect condition (I sent it without lens covers just in case they got lost) they sent it back to me with new lens covers! Plus a lens cloth and manual (which I did not get when I originally purchased) The entire REPAIR BILL WAS ZERO!!!!! the only cost to me was the original shipping $15.00. Now here is a company that stands behind their product, Good Birding, Michael Woertman, Bragg Creek, Canada.

Marmot said:
Excellent P.R. for this company.

Now all I need is the money to afford one.

I have an old milk bottle and somecardboard tube - perhaps they'd turn it into a decent scope for me!!

gusford said:
I have an old milk bottle and somecardboard tube - perhaps they'd turn it into a decent scope for me!!
That's the equivalent of sending them a Leica and getting a Swaro' back!

CJW said:
That's the equivalent of sending them a Leica and getting a Swaro' back!
You Island people do like to throw the gauntlet - surrounded by your sea-water defence system!
(I have a Swaro.)

Roger

Excellent service, I have heard of similar stories of broken scopes being replaced/fixed at no cost. Although some people attack the prices charged for top european optics, some of this can be justified by the incredible back-up offered by these companies.

Wow! That is amazing. I may hold off on purchasing extra insurance for my new st80hd. Although theft may be another matter.

I have just purchased the new STS80 HD and it is good to see a write up like this. It helps justify the cost of the scope.

Only saw this thread after coming back from my hols. I am currently on the market for a Swarovski scope. Apart from the quality, I have always been impressed with their customer services. I had to send in my bins (from Vietnam, no less) to Austria, after I damaged one of they eye pieces (don't ask!). No questions asked, a couple of weeks later the bins were DHL'd back to me at 0 cost.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back