• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

So Hows your 2006 Yearlist Going then ? (6 Viewers)

Me and a buddy went to Baltimore, and I saw my year's first Snowy Egret, Osprey and Great Black-backed Gull by Chesapeke Bay. And then we went to this little man-made lake over by me. I saw year's first Least Sandpiper and 2 Semipalmated Plovers. Seeing those 5 birds brings my year list to 99.

Got these three yesterday afternoon exploring a new (to me at least) greenway path on the outskirts of town:

102 Black vulture
103 Yellow-billed cuckoo
104 Indigo bunting

This puts me 14 above my total for the entire year last year. Although I did have an illness which kept me from birding much last year, I still think I'm doing pretty well. If only I could get a chance to do some travelling, I could have a really great bird year.

2 more today at Neumanns Flash, both belters n'all!!!

182 - Red-necked Phalarope!
183 - Curlew Sandpiper.

The Phal's a cracking bird, big bonus that the Curlew Sand had stuck around.

I took a ride today to a place that I know has a possibility for seeing several species of swallows at once. I could only make out one species, though...

65: Cliff Swallow

Not a year tick but one hell of a county tick....

Got 4 Avocet @ Wood Lane NR today, just in time as they flew off about 30 minutes after I left!!
Great county bird, though!

612: Yellow-legged flyrobin
613: White-faced robin
614. Greater Melampitta
615. Wallace owlet-nightjar LIFER
616. Cinnamon-browed Melidectes
617. spotted Jewel-babbler

Left work early to look for a bird that had been reported in a local county park. Heard, then saw my target within a few minutes (that doesn't happen very often!) and added a new bird to the Year List.

451. Willow Flycatcher

Dave

On 25 May my yearlist reached a miniscule 128, thanks to Pied Fly and Wood Warbler in Yarner Woods, Devon
Highlight of the year was Firecrest on my inland Devon local patch. (Also Barn Owl and Grasshopper Warbler).
I am only 12, and so don't have a car.

Considering I am not doing any twitching this year, unless something special turns up, I ain't doing too bad this year. My main two bogie birds seen earlier this year and my third biggest bogie bird landed about 45 miles awy from me in Bucks today. I didn't even look at the pager today until nearly 3pm and had a shock when I saw this bird had been reported since about mid-day. Needless to say I went after it.

Not only did I see it but Lee Evans (who had been directing us from the Church in Hillesden) suddenly turned up at the site with a camera crew in tow. They were apparently doing a Documenatary on Birdwatching and started to interview Lee whilst he put them onto the bird. They then went on to interview quite a few other birders there.

194. Wilson's Phalarope. Lifer

Drove over to Universal Mines, former strip mines rehabilitated to grassland, to look for grassland birds. A good morning, with five birds that can't be found in my area. My Year List is now up to 456.

452. Dickcissel
453. Bell's Vireo
454. Henslow's Sparrow
455. Ring-necked Pheasant
456. Bobolink

I also saw Grasshopper Sparrow which was an Indiana year bird, and the Bobolink was number 300 on my ABA Area/North America Year List.

Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back