• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

‘Golden-spectacled’ Warblers ID, Shandong province, China. (1 Viewer)

xuky.summer

These warblers were taken in Shandong Province , very near from Beijing.
1. Qingdao city 2013-04-30
http://www.birdnet.cn/showtopic-509500.aspx
2. Weihai city 2013-04-29
http://www.birdnet.cn/showtopic-509639.aspx

I think they are all Bianchi’s Warbler S. valentini, right? April 29 I seen another one in Qingdao, much like with them. It seems they also breed in Shandong, there is another record in Laizhou(2010-07-13).

Thank you!

xuky

Attachments

• location.jpg
    location.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 94
Hi Xuky,

You know these are a very difficult group, but for what its worth, I would agree with you. I can't visually rule out omiensis but on range, probably not likely anyway. I'm not sure about this one AW4Z8712_副本.jpg (363.33 K) as it appears to lack any signs of the wingbar, is it the same bird as those below it? The lack of a broken rear eyering probably rules out tephrocephalus.

Last edited:
Hi Mark.
My friend did not know is not the same one, only half an hour apart, and only 10 meters. I think tephrocephalus can be ruled out, in third photo, the outermost tail is all white, also can eliminate soror. ^_^, but the problem is really can not ruled out omeiensis, Lateral crown stripes is not extending onto forecrown where distinct?
Hi sajins
Whistler's Warbler is far beyond the scope of distribution, and lower border of lateral crown stripes is green.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back