• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

(4) Quality 8x32 Binoculars- Swarovski EL, SV and Nikon EDG II, SE~ My Impressions (1 Viewer)

Patudo

... Yet another thanks to stephen b for your detailed and informative observations (and thanks also to master5 for bringing it up from the past!). I hope the binocular you chose back in 2012 is continuing to give you the same joy and satisfaction that you felt when you picked it from amongst this group of superb products.

For what it's worth, I'm in full agreement that detail at distance (which stephen mentioned in his post #23) is one of my most important criteria in evaluating a binocular. It's interesting how differences become apparent between binoculars that show detail similarly well at shorter distance when that range is extended to say 1km or so. This, for whatever reason, seems especially apparent with binoculars with less modern coatings (single-coated etc). It's not an issue in situations where you know the action is going to happen closer in, but quite a lot of my own viewing involves trying to follow relatively small targets out that far and beyond.

ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Users who are viewing this thread