• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A plea for a common sequence of birds in all future bird field guides (5 Viewers)

and...

I would like to add my voice to the request for a common sequence as well for bird guides.

And...in regards to Niels and Swissboy's last communication or entries, I would prefer having guides in a hardback or paperback version rather than digital media.

For some reason in this one area, I would much rather have the book or guide in hand than an electronic device.

Hide bound traditionalist!

John

The electronic version has the potential benefit of added voices. Thus, I'm not pleading for a books-only world. Rather, I'm for a combination. I'd certainly be one who'd get both. ;)

But I'm strongly against alphabetical orders in books. We'd have the weirdest mix when leafing through. Would not matter much in electronic form, as there is not much of a reasonable way of immediate comparison anyway. Also, we'd have fundamentally different sequences in each language. There is not just English in this world.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back