• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Advise/comments for Digiscoping Equipment (1 Viewer)

SeeToh

Opus Editor
Hi All

I am intending to go into digiscoping and I have decided on getting the Nikon Fieldscope 82mm ED Angled Scope.

However, I am still undecided on whether the FSB bracket option or the FSA L1 DSLR option.

I am more towards the FSA L1 option because I am unable to find over the internet a vendor that sells the Nikon 82mm Fieldscope with the wide DS fieldscope eyepieces or just the fieldscope body itself (Braigo does sell the body but it does not ship to Singapore).

But taking the FSA L1 option would mean investing in a good gitzo tripod/ballhead which would cost US$865 from Adorama.

I am in between now with these two options and any comments/advices are welcomed. Are there better suited tripods to go with the two options besides the ones I have selected?

Option 1

Nikon 82 Fieldscope w/25-75x Zoom Eyepiece
Nikon FSA L1 DSLR Adaptor
Gitzo GT2531 Tripod Legs with GH2750 ballhead
Total costs (including shipping to Singapore): US$2,628.22

Option 2

Nikon 82 Fieldscope w/25-75x Zoom Eyepiece
Nikon 30x Wide Angle Eyepiece
Nikon FSB-U1
Monfrotto 055XB Tripod Legs with 498RC2 Midi Ballhead
Total costs (including shipping to Singapore): US$2,271.09

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back