• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Any hope for this photo? (1 Viewer)

Joe A.

Hi all,

Wanted to get your thoughts about this photo. I'm new to digital photography and use a cp880. This particular shot was made with the camera set to macro mode, flash disabled and handheld.

I tried to re-take the picture to remove/reduce the flare but the sun had risen to a point where a similar re-take was impossible.
I like the affect of back lighting on the stem, as well as the sun's rays pointing toward the bloom.

If this photo is so bad it shouldn't have been posted in the forum. let me know. I'm willing to take the heat in order to improve.

Thanks,

Joe

Attachments

• fltst2.jpg
    fltst2.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 495
I'll wait for the experienced photographers to give you chapter and verse on improvements regarding all the technical stuff... but I like it. It looks nice.

Perhaps it's just a ptiy about the distorted petal and the threads of spidersilk - but it's nothing to be ashamed of.

Very striking.

I really like this shot, the flare makes it for me. The building in the background slightly dtracts from the naturalness, but there's not much you can do about that, trying to remove it will only ruin the rays of light.
Nice one.
Andy

I also quite like the photo, but as Andy says, the building does detract a little. It is the chimney that bothers me a bit, and before I read Andy's post, I repositioned the photo on my monitor and thought that a crop down to the tip of the leaves, so that it gets rid of the bright top left corner, would look a bit better.

I love the flare effect and the backlighting.

:t:

hi joe
its a cracking photo that the flare and backlighting have worked
for it, the effect on the water droplets is the makeing of the photo. just a bit of croping to remove the chimney and hey presto
a cracking photo.
bert

Hi joe,

Don;t know the first thing about the tech. stuff but looks really good to me. That backlit flare with the rays shining down make an excellent effect. And the way the light runs down the side of the stem. It captures one of those unique natural moments.

As for the chimney - I think it's needed there - that and the trees on the right give the light somewhere to ''come out of''

I'd be well proud of it.

some times the simple shots are the best, i love this one. seen 100's at an exhibition and none came near this for me.
good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back