• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anyone own a Harpia 95??? (1 Viewer)

Hi,
For tripods & heads, I am a Manfrotto addict (*).
I have several, mainly carbon ones:
Manfrotto 441 / 443: (discontinued) 1.6kg but extremely stable
Manfrotto 190CXPRO3 : a bit lighter than first one but stable too: 1.3kg
Prefer 3 sections for stability and legs angle selection

For fluid head I use only 128RC (1kg, compact, very fluid, and you can place hand bar on left or right side depending the hand you are using to focus)
And the last point, not the least: there is an excellent service for repairs or finding the missing or broken parts you may have through their dedicated website for spare parts (even for a 20 year old equipment): Great!:t:

I hope it helps you. Any other question, please ask ;)
Yves
(*) I do not have any shares or interest in the Manfrotto company. I am just happy with the service they provide !:t:

If so, what tripod do you use? Thanks! :eat:

Hi. if I have to do itinerant birdwatching I use the original Zeiss tripod, but I find it too light for digiscoping, for this reason, I use a Benro Gimball with Sirui carbon tripod, sometimes, instead, a Berlebach Report with Manfrotto 502 head video. In my opinion, the choice depends on many factors: if you walk a lot, if you digiscoping with reflex or smartphone, if you often use it from a fixed location. Hi from Italy.
Pier

Attachments

• Kit_Pier.jpg
    Kit_Pier.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 87
  • Kit_Pier_3.jpg
    Kit_Pier_3.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 83
  • kit_Pier-2.jpg
    kit_Pier-2.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 99
  • kit_Pier-4.jpg
    kit_Pier-4.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 97
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back