• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Best Bird App for Indonesia? (1 Viewer)

AfricanPitta

South Africa
Later on this year I will be travelling to Indonesia and wondered what bird app is the best for that region? Any suggestions from this community would be appreciated.

I haven't tried it specifically, but have you looked at the Indonesia bird pack Merlin. I recently took both the bird book & Merlin to Mexico and the bird book stayed in the suitcase throughout.

I was scrolling through the coverage and started to think if this is the beginning of the end of traditional bird id guidebooks

Later on this year I will be travelling to Indonesia and wondered what bird app is the best for that region? Any suggestions from this community would be appreciated.
Indonesia isn't really a "region," just a political jurisdiction that includes asian, australasian, and wallacean birds. It might be better to describe what part or parts you are travelling to.

I haven't tried it specifically, but have you looked at the Indonesia bird pack Merlin. I recently took both the bird book & Merlin to Mexico and the bird book stayed in the suitcase throughout.

I was scrolling through the coverage and started to think if this is the beginning of the end of traditional bird id guidebooks
Great. I had thought Merlin would probably be best. I have not downloaded it yet but will give it a try. Thank you.

Kinda late to the party, but I agree that Merlin is the best for now.. although there are still some species recording missing, if this is what you need it for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back