• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

best spots in BC to see Calliope and Allans hummers in June (1 Viewer)

annikins

Hi
I will be in BC in June and will have limited time so I want to know the best spot to visit to try and see Calliope and or Allans hummers
Any advice is welcome
Thanks

Peter C.

...just zis guy, you know?
I've been out to B.C. a couple of times since I started birding. I have never managed to connect with Anna's (I presume that's the species you mean - Allen's occurs considerably south of the U.S. border) although they are supposedly widespread on Vancouver Island. Calliope, on the other hand, was easy to see at Manning Provincial Park, an excellent spot just a few km. inland from Vancouver. There were some feeders at a visitor's centre there, I believe, and they weve just swarming with Rufous Hummingbirds, and the occasional Calliope would sneak in from time to time.

Peter c.

(Forgive me if I'm a bit hazy on all this - just checked my list, last time I went through Manning was 23 years ago!)

Users who are viewing this thread