• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

BF 200 Club (6 Viewers)

two more at the weekend

83. Frenchy
84. Connor Rand

and an armchair tick as If just work out who he is...

85. Firstreesjohn

I thought I knew who this member was and today it was confirmed...

86. pomskua

and I also met another one

87. kite

Ticked that one for the year as well today.

Armchair tick:

49. Timedrifter - local bird

Tart's tick:

50. TomMckinney - easy vagrant :)

Big Dip of the Day:

Ghostly Vision - gutted :(

Ooh. Apparently I ticked a breeding pair:

51. Coley

p.s. Remind me not to help Pete id any more birds until I have caught up with his total a bit. ;)

Ooh. Apparently I ticked a breeding pair:

51. Coley

p.s. Remind me not to help Pete id any more birds until I have caught up with his total a bit. ;)

You're still the only person on BF to have ticked me!
:)

If you want to add me to your 2008 year list, check your PM's...
(We'll be in Norfolk for a week in the near future)

Dave

Technical Q for BF200 purists: If an individual has more than one user name can you count each one?

Before anyone replies "It's your list, you can do what you want", I would point out that if the gloves were off my inclination would be to tick EVERY user name, because that would make my list bigger, me more important, and life sweeter...

...but I also want to play fair. So, what does everyone else do?

For me one person, one name no matter how many user names they have. I tend to use the one they are mainly known by.

John

Technical Q for BF200 purists: If an individual has more than one user name can you count each one?

Before anyone replies "It's your list, you can do what you want", I would point out that if the gloves were off my inclination would be to tick EVERY user name, because that would make my list bigger, me more important, and life sweeter...

For me you can only tick them once... BF guidelines state that you can only have one account per person, so anyone with more is breaking the rules! http://www.birdforum.net/help/Policy

Two more last weekend, both top quality additions....

54 Tim Allwood (Cart Gap)
55 Ilya Maclean (Sea Palling Reef Bar)

Steve

Could you get the missus and son to sign up too so that I can get another couple of armchair rares? :)

I can but try!

We're staying in Wells from 8th -15th February.
Hopefully the WC Sparrow will still be there and the crowds will have gone dwindled somewhat...

Have you still got my mobile number?

1CJW, 2 SRWilliams, 3 Martin Garner, 4 Paj, 5 Lee Evans, 6 Steve Round, 7 Phil W, 8. John o'Sullivan, 9.Phil Ternouth, 10. Mike Pennington,11 Stephen Dunstan, 12 Dee Estuary, 13. Fred Fearn, 14. Tim Allwood, 15. Ilya Maclean 16. Andy Stoddart, 17. Richard Abr 18. DavePriceRoberts 19. Menzie 20. Craig Thomas 21. Johnny Mac, 22. Paul Hackett, 23 Ian Mckerchar, 24. Adrian Dancy, 25. Julian H 26. Rob Smallwood, 27. Halftwo 28. Ste, 29. MartinMcD 30. Tanny 31. HughPulsford

32. Simon Stirrup - Armchair tick

I've just ticked a predominantly obscurely located resident and unpredictably eratic migrant, Jos Stratford. Bit of a blocker that one, is this a description species ?

I would just like to point out to the three or four persons on here that claim to have ticked me, I am an escapee, I jumped the fence ages ago and despite the ragged edges giving the appearances of being wild, I am not available as a tick, let alone a blocker.

Furthermore, due to food provision by the above said persons, mostly in the form of pizzas and similar, I can not even be said to be self-sustaining in my apparent wild state.

Thus in view of my self-admitted status, the lists of certain persons should be viewed as stringy, if not downright fraudulent. Downgrade your lists, folks!

Having read what you have said, you are still staying on my list Jos.:-O

John

I would just like to point out to the three or four persons on here that claim to have ticked me, I am an escapee, I jumped the fence ages ago and despite the ragged edges giving the appearances of being wild, I am not available as a tick, let alone a blocker.

Furthermore, due to food provision by the above said persons, mostly in the form of pizzas and similar, I can not even be said to be self-sustaining in my apparent wild state.

Thus in view of my self-admitted status, the lists of certain persons should be viewed as stringy, if not downright fraudulent. Downgrade your lists, folks!

Having read what you have said, you are still staying on my list Jos.:-O

John

You're a stringy git, no principles whatsoever.

This here vagrant is not even being considered by the rarities committee, he is a self-confessed escapee, much on a par with plastic flamingos, yellow bath tub ducks and odd sparrows with funny head patterns. Oops, didn't mean the last!

Which is, of course, the only reason that I have never made any attempt to twitch you. Some of us are just too scrupled. ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back