• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

BF 200 Club (8 Viewers)

If John's keeping you on his list.... then you're staying on mine:-O I worked hard for that tick!

Anyway... I thought long-staying ferals were allowed eventually:king:

D

I ticked Jos as a migrant- on a visit to Dungeness with BF years ago!(Lead by Robin) he spent quite a lot of time birding with Helenol!
So quite a few of us have him on our lists - cant remember feeding him at all-
and I'm sure he didn't come to the pub that evening!

Take no notice of his selfclaimed status -he is a BFtick!

cant remember feeding him at all -
and I'm sure he didn't come to the pub that evening!

I am fairly sure you didn't, charming I am sure - I had flown almost 7000 km (upon a commercial aircraft) to spend that day with you and not as much as a biscuit came my way ;)

And, disgusted at the lack of nourishment to sustain this occasional vagrant, by evening, I was well on my way out of the country again.

You see, not only am I an escapee and not self sustaining, but I am also 'ship-assisted', albeit in a transport type rather more condusive to long-distance movements.

I am fairly sure you didn't, charming I am sure - I had flown almost 7000 km (upon a commercial aircraft) to spend that day with you and not as much as a biscuit came my way ;)

And, disgusted at the lack of nourishment to sustain this occasional vagrant, by evening, I was well on my way out of the country again.

You see, not only am I an escapee and not self sustaining, but I am also 'ship-assisted', albeit in a transport type rather more condusive to long-distance movements.

So now that we've established that you do attend BF bashes with people called Helen, will you be joining us in Scotland?

OK. You buy the air ticket and the coffee. I'll buy you a Peanut Butter Kitkat. :)

Isn't Kitkat made by Nestle? Think Laura was mumbling something or other why I shouldn't eat one of those, she said it was worse than ten flights round the globe I think. I was so impressed that I decided to up my flight intake and cut out the kitkats, so I really have to decline your kind offer.

In the hopes of impressing our Laura, I really think you should cough up with the air ticket, wouldn't want the world thinking you're a scrooge, would you? You have Scottish blood though, yes?

Sadly, it is precisely because of Laura that I am unable to oblige - you know how she feels about flying. :)

However, her curiosity is bigger than her conscience ...she also said if she wasn't an impoverished student, she would buy me the ticket herself.

At this point, I should ask what has become of students these days? It is shocking - not only do they claim they are too busy to attend bashes (in my day, we were never too busy to do anything!), but they winge about having no money. Doesn't the government give holiday money (student loans) anymore?

However, her curiosity is bigger than her conscience ...she also said if she wasn't an impoverished student, she would buy me the ticket herself.

And a flea is bigger than your conscience, honestly, what fabrications I read!

1. Jos, if you actually want to come to satisfy your curiosity, be subjected to several hours of verbal abuse with sarcastic undertones and accept the fact that you will be the subject of some gossiping, then you'll come of your own accord I'm sure.
2. Helen, you won't be having any coffee with Jos before you have some with me.
3. I suspect that I will be attending one day if only to see Helen and Dr W again (I only say that now because I got quite a lot done today, it might change)
4. This is getting a little off topic, I think.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back