• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Fair 2008 - Simon, Bill and David A.!!! (2 Viewers)

Excellent thread Penny, and it certainly sounds as if you had a great time.

We were there for our first visit on Sunday, and had such a great time that we plan to go for the weekend next year as we didn't see half of the show. Did manage all the celebrity ticks though ;)

My wife is another SK fan. I've told her she can have him if I can have Kate Humble :-O

Allan

Excellent thread Penny, and it certainly sounds as if you had a great time.

We were there for our first visit on Sunday, and had such a great time that we plan to go for the weekend next year as we didn't see half of the show. Did manage all the celebrity ticks though ;)

My wife is another SK fan. I've told her she can have him if I can have Kate Humble :-O

Allan

Thanks Allan:t:

As I found out this year, you need to book NOW for next year, otherwise you won't get anywhere to stay!

Yes Kate is lovely too - well for you gentlemen anyway;) - I have never seen her at the bird fair, I did ask Simon and he didn't know if she was there or not as I wanted her to sign my Springwatch book.

Best Wishes Penny:girl:

How times change! Nick Baker, Chris Packham, Mike Dilger and Rory McGrath were all attendees too and I heard rumour of a blonde female celeb too but it was not Kate Humble, as she is out of the country. The other candidates would normally have been Michaela Strachan and Saba Douglas Hamilton but I have not heard confirmation of either being there.

How times change! Nick Baker, Chris Packham, Mike Dilger and Rory McGrath were all attendees too and I heard rumour of a blonde female celeb too but it was not Kate Humble, as she is out of the country. The other candidates would normally have been Michaela Strachan and Saba Douglas Hamilton but I have not heard confirmation of either being there.

Not Ellie Harrison by any chance? He asks hopefully and drooling slightly.

Ron

Unfortunately not. But thanks to you I've learnt that he will be worth seeing if he comes here!

Hi Sal

He comes over regularly, in fact I think he is going over soon for a few months and then comes back to do 'Autumnwatch'.

Probably Janet Sumner - she is a 'celebrity' according to WEO and the programme but don't ask me why.

Steve

Not seen Nature's Calendar then?

Had a quick chat with her while she was doing a bit of filming at Martin Mere some time ago, I wouldn't say no. ;)

Penny I think Simon King would be perfect for you, the one from the hairy bakers that is!!! :-O:-O:-O

Hi Sal

He comes over regularly, in fact I think he is going over soon for a few months and then comes back to do 'Autumnwatch'.

To South Africa? Or to East Africa? Will keep an eye open, really must see him after all this hype!!!

Not seen Nature's Calendar then?

Had a quick chat with her while she was doing a bit of filming at Martin Mere some time ago, I wouldn't say no. ;)

Penny I think Simon King would be perfect for you, the one from the hairy bakers that is!!! :-O:-O:-O

:-O:-O:-O:-O:-O - NOT!!!!!!!

How come you ended up with the same colored clothes on? Didnt you phone him the night before so you wouldn't clash!

Not been to the birdfair for years. Remember seeing Angela Ripon, 'Neil' from 'The Young Ones' and Geoffrey 'Onslow' Hughes when i last went.

Glad you enjoyed it Penny, and excellent Photos.

Not been to the birdfair for years. Remember seeing Angela Ripon, 'Neil' from 'The Young Ones' and Geoffrey 'Onslow' Hughes when i last went.

Haven't seen the latter gentleman at the birdfair for a few years now... he used to be a familiar sight in the optics section, big fan of Zeiss, although his interest in binos came from Yachting rather than birding.

cheers,
Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back