• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding and football (1 Viewer)

How many football grounds have birds of interest - peregrines, black redstarts and others (?). I've seen, from Walthamstow Wetlands, peregrines perching up on White Hart Lane (Levy's too cheap to install a nest box though, I bet) and as I understand it a few other stadiums have peregrines too (BHA, LCFC).

Presume the more open grounds might have eg. redwing on the turf in winter?

How many football grounds have birds of interest - peregrines, black redstarts and others (?). I've seen, from Walthamstow Wetlands, peregrines perching up on White Hart Lane (Levy's too cheap to install a nest box though, I bet) and as I understand it a few other stadiums have peregrines too (BHA, LCFC).

Presume the more open grounds might have eg. redwing on the turf in winter?
Post #4 has a link to the nesting Peregrines at MK Dons' stadium.

Northwich Victoria fan ( Yes, there are some ) and have been for last 20 odd years after younger son mithered me to take him when he got a free ticket from school. We were in the Conference League in them days, now languishing in The Midland League Premier Division ( Yes, I know Northwich isn't in the Midlands but that's the FA for you !) . Always try and fit in some birding during an awayday

first match i can remember is elland road leeds vs liverpool must have been early 80s good days

My parents hadn't been together long, and for some insane reason, my father decided that my mother's introduction to live football should be Leeds-Liverpool.

After the match she couldn't understand why he and his mates wanted her to put their scarves in her handbag. She soon realised when she saw Leeds fans attacking anyone wearing red while West Yorkshire Police stood and watched.

It's really a wonder I'm here at all.

My parents hadn't been together long, and for some insane reason, my father decided that my mother's introduction to live football should be Leeds-Liverpool.

After the match she couldn't understand why he and his mates wanted her to put their scarves in her handbag. She soon realised when she saw Leeds fans attacking anyone wearing red while West Yorkshire Police stood and watched.

It's really a wonder I'm here at all.
Are you confident of the source, seems like there might be two sides to this 😉

Tomorrow has potential to be a great day. My year list restarts, short as it may be by the end of the day, and college football playoffs finally kick off. My team is again relevant and in the playoff for the first time in its 10-year history. Hook 'em horns!

Tomorrow has potential to be a great day. My year list restarts, short as it may be by the end of the day, and college football playoffs finally kick off. My team is again relevant and in the playoff for the first time in its 10-year history. Hook 'em horns!
This is and I hate to use the word, a 'soccer' thread, not American 'throwball' ;)

This is and I hate to use the word, a 'soccer' thread, not American 'throwball' ;)
And a Happy New Year to you too Andy, you dear, grumpy old thing!
If you look back to the early days of this thread you’ll see Hookem2010 asked in Post 5 if American Football counted too, he got a thumbs up from Nick who started it.
Anyway, my nails will be in a bad state by the end of the day as my beloved County have another ‘six pointer’ today against Mansfield.

And a Happy New Year to you too Andy, you dear, grumpy old thing!
If you look back to the early days of this thread you’ll see Hookem2010 asked in Post 5 if American Football counted too, he got a thumbs up from Nick who started it.
Anyway, my nails will be in a bad state by the end of the day as my beloved County have another ‘six pointer’ today against Mansfield.
I though I remebered that but couldn't see it.

Happy New Year to you Richard and everyone else.

I feel for you Andy, I really do;). Let’s hope both County FCs go up automatically without all that playoffs rigmarole again, it’s not good for an old fan’s heart!

We both blobbed it again today, I fancy Mansfield for the title, they dominated us on our own pitch, best team I've seen this season.

I get to as many games as I can when I'm in the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back