• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds on postage stamps (2 Viewers)

Steve Lister

Senior Birder, ex County Recorder, Garden Moths.
United Kingdom
In my youth I was an avid stamp collector but as I developed my birding interest in my teens my philatelic interest became confined to bird stamps and by about 1985 I had put together quite a collection, partly through buying them from a stamp dealer in Leeds. hardly looked at my collection since then.

Collecting bird stamps is something you rarely hear of, and I only know of one other birder who does it at all seriously. Anyone else?

I used to collect stamps... confined eventually to new British stamps with some used. I always made sure I got the complete series of bird stamps.

Gradually reduced the collection as more and more issues came out every year, so I couldn't keep up. So I think the last ones I bought would have been the late 1980s early 1900s.

I even got the postage books with birds on (see my thread yesterday). I'm about to pass the whole lot on to a relative, who is a member of a stamp club.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back