• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bogota Airport, Columbia - transit question (1 Viewer)

Allen

Hi all

I'm transiting (international flight from London Heathrow) through Bogota Airport this week to Ecuador; just wondered is it's an easy transit/obvious process/route through here? Thanks

Hi all

I'm transiting (international flight from London Heathrow) through Bogota Airport this week to Ecuador; just wondered is it's an easy transit/obvious process/route through here? Thanks
Fairly big and chaotic. Helps if you speak Spanish. However, I don't think you'll have problems as an international traveller: can be more difficult if taking internal flights

Assuming you're on one ticket and your bags are checked all the way through...

The way it works is there's a separate counter for international transfers near the center of the airport where they check your onward boarding pass. After you pass through that, you end up at the main security checkpoint. Go through that (and the long walk through duty free), and you're in the departures area.

So as long as you follow the signs to "transfers" or "connections" (the signs are bilingual), you'll do fine, although it could be a long walk depending on gate assignments.

Last edited:
We were lucky....arrived into Guayaquil the day before Foreign Office advised no non essential travel to western provinces and were out of Guayaquil and south east to lodge by the next morning. Oh and transit through Bogota airport is easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back