• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bought Kite Lynx hd+ 10x42 for a bargain (1 Viewer)

Pim29

Netherlands
Hi, I just paid less than €375 for the Dutch Vogelbescherming Valk HD+, same as the Kite Lynx HD+ 10x42. The packaging is slightly damaged, but it’s an unopened box. Seems like a real bargain and I can return it if it’s not to my satisfaction. I hope this is an upgrade from my Nikon Monarch DCF 10x42, as I am really satisfied with my Nikon, only the FOV is 96 m, and that’s a bit on the small side for my liking. I keep you posted about the outcome of the comparison between the Nikon and the Lynx/Valk HD.

Received the Lynx hd+ 10x42. First impression, good quality build, nice proportions, 720 grams, good ergonomics. Nice pouch, but not the same premium protection at all sides. The Lynx is very bright and sharp, great colors, with a huge fov for a 10x42. A little ca but not a problem. Good adjustable eye cups, but no Swaro quality. For sure it’s an upgrade compare to my Monarch dcf, although not by very much as the Nikon is a really great bino. I guess I’ll keep it, and sell my Nikon. I am sure in low light this Lynx is doing much better than the Nikon. Tomorrow I am going for a hike in the forest to see how much the wider fov is going to please me.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back