• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Brown magpie (35 Viewers)

Hello all....Just like 'yum', I drive trains in and out of Birmingham - the brown and white magpie was there today with about 20/30 black and white one's. It stands out really well from the others as the brown is so clearly defined.

Pic

Hi all I just posted a picture of a brown magpie in the birds of N America gallery
sorry about the quality but its next a normal magpie so you can see the difference

Last edited:
I saw a brown magpie near my house in Redditch today - just South of Birmingham so it could be a regional thing. It was also about 25% larger than the other magpies in the area (although they may have been juveniles). Took a couple of mobile pics but they came out blurry. I'll take my proper camera out tomorrow to see if I can get a better one.

Hi Hoggle and a warm welcome to you on behalf of the Staff and Moderators.

I hope you're successful in getting a picture for us to see.

D

Jambo Lesleyanne :hi: - Welcome to BirdForum and to the breathtaking world of birds and their lovers. I know you will enjoy.

Brown Magpies

Two weeks ago I saw a pair of brown magpies at our bird table in the garden. I havent seen them for a while but today one returned. Why are these brown and not black

Hi Summer and welcome to Birdforum from all the Staff here. Scroll back and have a look at Post #5 which should explain a lot. And also look at in the Opus Dictionary for Leucism - it's all quite complicated, so you may be sorry you asked ;)

D

brown magpie

hello, i live in oldham lancs and we have been visited twice this week by a brown magpie eating off our bird table.. have never seen one before.:

Hi all,
I'm not really a birdwatcher although I do love birds.
A couple of days ago we had a brown magpie in the tree in our garden. All of it's (what should have been black markings) were light brown. :eek!: Rushed for the camera but it flew off just as I got it in the veiwfinder.
Has anyone else seen one anywhere in England. I live in Somerset.
Typed brown magpie in google and found a sighting in Ireland.
Look forward to hearing from you
Yes I have just seen it in my garden but it was chased off the bird table by a black magpie before I could take a picture ,I also live in Somerset

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back