• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bushnell elite binoculars (1 Viewer)

I have a new boxed pair of 10x42 Bushnell Elite ED's (Japan) model 620142ED that have been stored in my closet since I bought them 10 years ago. If you have an interest PM me.
Tom

Sounds like your dad had the newer Elites. The original were 43mm objectives. Both 10x and 8x were excellent bins, with smaller FOV’s compared to alphas of their day and likely no ED glass.

mine is one of the original designs 8x43 with open bridge design ala Swaro EL’s. Model no 624208.

Allbinos reviewed the 10x version of this

Here you go, LNIB, yours for only $2,800. Yikes!

Hi Brock,
That's a little gem of an advert you found.

"Bushnell only made these for a few years".

Except, of course, Bushnell never made anything themselves. And Googling Bushnell XRT to find out more about this "revolutionary technology" finds nothing at all.

"Yikes!" Indeed :)

Last edited:
Hi Brock,
That's a little gem of an advert you found.

"Bushnell only made these for a few years".

Except, of course, Bushnell never made anything themselves. And Googling Bushnell XRT to find out more about this "revolutionary technology" finds nothing at all.

"Yikes!" Indeed :)
Given the price, I thought the seller might have been masrif, but there was no "Stunning View Out" in the description. :)

No, Bushnell didn't make them, just branded them, but the latest Bushnell Elite EDs are made in Japan like the SFL, so I would assume these were too.

Perhaps the reason they are priced $1900 above original retail price is that they come from "a pet and smoke-free household." :)

Given the price, I thought the seller might have been masrif, but there was no "Stunning View Out" in the description. :)

No, Bushnell didn't make them, just branded them, but the latest Bushnell Elite EDs are made in Japan like the SFL, so I would assume these were too.

Perhaps the reason they are priced $1900 above original retail price is that they come from "a pet and smoke-free household." :)
That’s value right there….my pets are whizzing on my binos all the time.

Lovely binocular but stratospheric, wishful thinking price IMHO......been listed for some time now. I landed on an excellent quality 8x43 for £250....God must have liked me that week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back