• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

California loon confusion (1 Viewer)

Philter4

These 2 loons were kind of far away, I believe they are different, both were on the opposite end of the harbor from me so I appologize for the photo quality. There were several of each, but the first type was the only ones that got sort of close. I believe the first one is a red-throated loon because of the white neck and upturned bill. The other I think is a pacific loon, straight bill and dark neck with light throat.

The photos were taken in Ventura Harbor just north of Los Angeles, CA.

Any help and opinions are greatly appreciated, thanks for your input,
Phil

d7c7cf01fde08ed2d801ce3cc7c80f40.jpg

07086ff23e86f5e15611261defb0626b.jpg

5772cc1cb1d351199bdea427ba7f0181.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back