• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Can anyone help?? I think there's a hurt bird ( downy woodpecker ) in my yard :( (2 Viewers)

syd2915

Steph Della
United States
Hurt downy woodpecker?
The link above is a video I took about 30 mins ago (9:10) a.m. of this downy woodpecker acting strange. He comes to my yard everyday, multiple times a day and I have never seen him not only act like this but nor have I seen his feathers ruffled up like that. I don't know how long he's been sitting there, I found him like that when I woke up but he sat there for at least 15 mins from the time that I saw him at least. He flew away eventually but I'm not sure what to do if there even is anything I can do. I don't want to scare him by grabbing him because my yard is a little sanctuary for him but I don't want something to happen to him either. I'm hoping he'll come back later today.1000007580.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back