• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Can't connect EOS Utility with Canon 1D Mk2 (2 Viewers)

maccacracker

I'm having a bad day
My new 2nd hand Canon 1D Mk2 can't connect to EOS Utility to download my photos onto DPP for RAW conversion
When the USB connected my old 50D everything was fine and EOS Utility came up straight away
With the Canon 1D, the usual EOS Utility box appears but the 1st 3 options are greyed out and only the 4th (unusable) option remains
Having googled and tried everything, nothing has worked so I'm stuck with a card full of photos that I can't download
I've uninstalled/reinstalled, tried different versions of Utility, switched on and off, used different USB leads and ports, clicked on Windows Image Acquisition etc etc to no avail
If anyone has been through this and has any solutions, please let me know
Macca

Sorry to hear this Macca as i`m in the same position; 1d mk2 no download into dpp, i`ve been told you need a firewire to do this, i`ve tried downloading every piece of software going to sort this out ,Harvey

Have you tried a card reader?

I download mine using a reader and then open up DPP, locate the download folder and then import.

But before I import I bin the rubbish, transfer the RAW files I want to edit to another work folder and then convert the remainder to jpeg. It's a long way around but it suits me. I've never attached my camera to my computer.

Thanks - after further research Canon 1D mk 2 is not compatible with Windows 7 so I can't access EOS Utility
If I use a card reader would it bypass EOS Utility and get to DPP?
If so, that's the way forward

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back