• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cape or Orange River White-eye? (1 Viewer)

Andy Adcock

Worst person on Birdforum
Cyprus
Just going back through old shots as I update my list, I finally grasped the nettle and am tackling White-eyes. I've got this labelled as Orange River but would welcome confirmation or otherwise. It was taken in S. Namibia.

Attachments

• Orange RIver White-eye.jpg
    Orange RIver White-eye.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 34
I would agree, peachy underparts (especially apparent to the rear of the flanks). Also I don’t believe cape white eyes are found in Namibia. The two species seem to only really overlap in central South Africa.

Yes I would agree, and as Bewick says, the Sasol guide also confirms that this is the only White-eye in southern Namibia - according to that guide the only other White-eye in Namibia in Southern Yellow, but this occurs in the extreme north of the country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back