• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Combined Young Birders Yearlist (1 Viewer)

more
MacGillavry's Warbler
Cinnamon Teal
Whimberel
Short-billed Dowitcher
Northern Saw whet Owl
Tree Swallow
Lincoln's Sparrow
Orange-crowned Warbler
Brown-headed Cowbird
California Quail
Townsend's Solitaire
Bonaparte's Gull
GOlden Eagle

Black oystercatcher
Brown Pelican
red-breasted Sapsucker
Gray Jay
Pileated woodpecker
american bittern
Ruffed grouse
Violet-green swallow
rufous hummingbird
Townsend's warbler
Greater yellowlegs
lesser yellowlegs
common yellowthroat
Northern rough winged swallow
wilson's warbler
hammond's flycatcher
american tree sparrow
Mountain Bluebird
chipping sparrow
cassin's vireo
vaux's swift
purple martin
house wren

Yep, mad idea. But fun?

Do you have a target in mind for the year - since it's now gone global? 1000, or more? Predictions? - (if it continues ;) )

I was also wondering if it wouldn't be easier to keep different areas seperate, and then combine the totals (It would be one way to discover if there's a limit on how long a post can be otherwise, I guess?!). Of course birds that occur in different areas would be recorded for the main list in the area they first occurred in first (eg GN Diver)... ideas, but please ignore if nec.

Anyway, I'm no longer young, so I guess it's Ciao for now ... ;)

Yep, mad idea. But fun?

Do you have a target in mind for the year - since it's now gone global? 1000, or more? Predictions? - (if it continues ;) )

I was also wondering if it wouldn't be easier to keep different areas seperate, and then combine the totals (It would be one way to discover if there's a limit on how long a post can be otherwise, I guess?!). Of course birds that occur in different areas would be recorded for the main list in the area they first occurred in first (eg GN Diver)... ideas, but please ignore if nec.

Anyway, I'm no longer young, so I guess it's Ciao for now ... ;)

Yeah I would do separate areas ( America, Europe...) and then add the totals.

sounds slightly more logical and less mad. Perhaps I'll keep count of American list if you could PM details to me Johnny, it would lighten your load a bit and with two people probably be slightly easier to organise! Also I'm going to Canada this autumn so perhaps I might be able to add something to Canadagurl's impressive list then! (Unlikely I know!)

Yup I would agree about the seperation, and would also, for notable sightings put in brackets who saw what. So if it was the Bonaparte's Gull you'd put in brackets (gropperwinch) because it is a rare bird. If it is a rare bird that quite a few people have seen then put the people that have seen it in brackets as well. The same would apply to local sightings for those who live abroad. I think it gives viewers of the thread a better idea of who has seen what without them having to ask themselves, I wonder who saw the Lesser Scaup, I wonder who saw the American Wigeon? ;)

PS: Could you add Pomarine Skua and Storm Petrel please?:king::king:

If you want we could divide Europe in South ( Spain, Malta...) and north (GB)
I would take the South Europe list if you want.

this is going to be (already is tbh) really hard to keep track of as it is split over several pages...maybe we should leave it until December, or at the end of each month? just a thought...

Zac

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back