• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

composition and crop, (1 Viewer)

spock

Ok, here you will see I have a shot of a partridge that I got today,I was flat on the ground in the mud,hand held shot,now what I would like critique on is,when you get a shot of a bird in open land, where is the best, or better place to have the bird at, when you crop,? ie,bird on left edge looking in,halfway up the frame, or at the bottom,is what I have done ok?
and the next question is this,is there any thing you would do to this image in photo shop to make it better,this shot has only had a crop,so it's staight out out of the camera,is there any thing you think needs doing? that I could work on,and improve on.
Thanks, Ian.

Attachments

• addv part.jpg
    addv part.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 120
interesting bokeh, i like where you've placed the bird in the frame. im not familar with photoshop so i cant help you there but overal its a very nice photo.

Use the "rule-of-thirds" and crop the image so that the bird is a third of the way up from the bottom or a third of the way down from the top. The former would be my choice.

Nick

Photoshop can do so much.

1)The image has a colour cast from all the green grass so removing that with a curves layer can bring the colour in the bird out.

2) With Christmas coming you can stick a santa hat on it!

Attachments

• Curved.jpg
    Curved.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 69
  • santa.jpg
    santa.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 79
2) With Christmas coming you can stick a santa hat on it!

Wow I didn't know they made them that small. ;)

With regards to composition, it may be a personal thing but I always like to have the bird nearer the top of the frame and have more foreground than background.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back