• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Congratulations to Bill Oddie on being awarded an OBE! (1 Viewer)

I watched the BBC breakfast news and they mentioned everyone but Bill which is odd as he is their best nature presenter. I thought Frost might say summat but I did not see owt. (Actually I missed most of Frost which is unusual!)

Good News indeed.Bill Oddie has a very natural approach to his presentation,informative and funny.Reassuring to have him in the public eye when his views Of contentious issues-magpies,cats raptors etc. are sensible and put across so well.
Congratulations to him !!!

O.B.E.= Out Birding Everywhere.

Good for William, OBE. and for all that he does for birding and wildlife.
But will someone TELL HIM to get himself to the blooming BARBERSSHOP. or is his hair a nature reserve!
Well Done Odd Billie, i mean it.

Just arrived back from a weekend away, just would like to add, that if there is one out there that diserves this then it is Bill, i have grown up on watching and reading and following his every move since i was a kid in shorts, really am pleased for him.

Well done Bill.

Sorry Edward, blame my Yorkie parents especially my father! My body and mind is pure Devon but my mouth comes out with Yorkie words. Do you Yorkies use the word 'bunkum', as in "That's a load o' bunkum!", I loved that word.

I agree with everybodies views on Bill, he is a true gent in the real sense of the word. I feel he deserves the recognition for the true feeling he brings to his programmes, you actually enjoy what he is seeing through the obvious enjoyment he gets out of the subject. Exactly how I portray all natural history subjects to my two grandsons aged 5 and 6 in the hope that they will grow up into caring adulthood.

Andrew, I freely use "bunkum" but I hope you weren't including me in that question "you Yorkies." To someone born in Manchester it is an insult second only to being called a Scouser!
:)

Sylvia...
A search for Bill Oddie on Amazon.com came up with 31 results. I bought Gripping Yarns a couple of years ago when I was in the UK, and enjoyed it very much.

Beverly...
I wish we could get his shows on PBS or Animal Planet/Discovery Channel, too. My parents are always telling me they've just been watching his current show on the BBC. Maybe it's because most of his shows are geared towards birding in the UK.

Anyone who wants to buy some Bill Oddie videos only has to wait a little longer until the BF Superstore is fully operational..........

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back