• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Coventry Trapper (newbie) (1 Viewer)

Hi guys, caught a few last night just need some id with photos,are they the same ? all Grey pine carpet,juniper carpet or both,cheers guys

Attachments

• My-Moths-Grey-pine----junip.jpg
    My-Moths-Grey-pine----junip.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 91
  • My-Moths-carpetsp.jpg
    My-Moths-carpetsp.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 88
hummerman said:
Hi guys, caught a few last night just need some id with photos,are they the same ? all Grey pine carpet,juniper carpet or both,cheers guys

Hi Martin

For what it's worth I think they are Juniper Carpets but having never seen one myself I could be wrong. Hopefully the more experienced of us will firm up the ID.

BTW I left you a message on your mobile and PM'd you on Sept 23rd. I don't know if you have been away but could you ring me. I can't ring you again because I knackered my mobile ad lost your number.

John

Heres a few i need help with although 2 is a chestnut i believe 3 & 4 same moth.

P.S JOHN i'll try and bell you 2morrow 1.30ish

Attachments

• My-Moths-chestnut.jpg
    My-Moths-chestnut.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 112
  • My-Moths-unknown.jpg
    My-Moths-unknown.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 100
  • My-Moths-unknown.wings.jpg
    My-Moths-unknown.wings.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 81
  • My-Moths-unfound.jpg
    My-Moths-unfound.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 72
hummerman said:
Heres a few i need help with although 2 is a chestnut i believe 3 & 4 same moth.

P.S JOHN i'll try and bell you 2morrow 1.30ish

Cheers martin.

BTW I have to agree with Ken's observations as well. I have had SBS in variable sizes but perhaps our recorder, or even Mike Wall or harri could come along and verify it.

John

brianhstone said:
Shouldn't be a problem with any of those. No problem with the date for SBS, could be getting them for another a month yet.

Indeed. No problem with the date, this would be the time of year I'd be expecting them, just not in the numbers we're seeing this year: the blooming things ;) are turning up everywhere still!

Mike

Not here they're not! Things have started to dry up in my garden trap. The last session was better than many recently:
10 species, 125W MV Robinson type
1048 Garden Rose Tortrix (Acleris variegana) 1
1405 Mother of Pearl (Pleuroptya ruralis) 1
1682 Blood-vein (Timandra comae) 1
1760 Red-green Carpet (Chloroclysta siterata) 1
1795x November Moth agg, (Epirrita dilutata agg.) 5
1923 Feathered Thorn (Colotois pennaria) 2
2240 Blair's Shoulder-knot (Lithophane leautieri) 1
2245 Green-brindled Crecent (Allophyes oxyacanthae) typical 1
2263 Red-line Quaker (Agrochola lota) 1
2375 Large Wainscot (Rhizedra lutosa) 1

Interesting to see that your list is quite similar to mine at the moment, Brian.
(BTW I enjoyed your blog account of seawatching in Cornwall - brought back some happy memories!)
Ken

Thanks Ken. A bit wordy perhaps but it was a great weekend even if it looks like we fluffed the Least Sand at Copperhouse. We put a small wader flying to the east end of Copperhouse Creek down as Little Stint and didn't go after it on the deck. Two days later...

You never know what will turn up in Cornwall! I had a whiskered tern and a ring-billed gull in view at the same time in my scope a good few years ago at the Hayle estuary.
Ken

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back