• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello (1 Viewer)

BirdDude

United States
Hello everyone,

Newbie birder here living in central Maryland. Excited to share some of my finds with you all. Any tips for someone starting out are welcome as well as any recommended spots for watching in the US Mid-Atlantic region. Attached is a picture of a Great Blue Heron I got this past weekend.

Attachments

• D269DBFC-B752-465C-B13B-E31E8330BD5C.jpeg
    D269DBFC-B752-465C-B13B-E31E8330BD5C.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
Hi BirdDude and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. I hope we may be able to see some of your pictures in the Gallery too.

We have a few articles in our Opus section covering Maryland, so you could make a start on your research there: Category:Maryland - BirdForum Opus

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi, welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group. Some ideas - make sure you have a good identification book for your area. Sibley’s is a good guide that I would recommend. Also, a great place is your local Audubon Society. A lot of them will have meetings and day trips which help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back