• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

CRYPTIC plumage 2 (4 Viewers)

I also wanted to say Yellow-billed Magpie, but thought you said there were no pies ...

And Tweety Pie is a Canary, but can't think of any Nearctic Canaries ...

Guess that would be -

Tweety, Toro and Foghorn Leghorn - Tweety Pie is yellow, Toro is bull(ed)? and Foghorn Leghorn is from Looney Tunes.

Was any of it correct?!

Nothing to do with Tweety being yellow, Toro on right lines, and still to get why I chose Foghorn Leghorn, they are all from Looney Tunes :t:

Dan see post 37
ET - too hard for me - Dan seems to be on the right track.

This is all from me for now so will leave you with these easy ones

6. P: Takes afternoon refreshment to hurry in before bad weather after
dark
(6,11)

7. O: Young French lady needs machine to lift in air (10,5)

Last edited:
Thought you were making up bird names again, but see it exists ;) Nope, sorry, wrong region.

Presume you mean my ‘Pinkish Roseate Tern’ which was perfectly legitimate. since the previous bird had a colour in it’s name - Roseate is a colour or maybe you didnt realise that ;)

Presume you mean my ‘Pinkish Roseate Tern’ which was perfectly legitimate. since the previous bird had a colour in it’s name - Roseate is a colour or maybe you didnt realise that ;)

Of course. I took your 'Pinkish Roseate Tern' as a jokey response to Rafael's genuine 'Blackish Oystercatcher'. Was only teasing you based on the banter that followed on that thread. :t:

(Pinkish isn't part of the name - hence the made up bit.)

Last edited:
Quick look at the moth trap, but yes, night all. ET - think we'll need another clue, or number on letters or something on yours. Deb - think I have your second one. Saw some in Ukraine back when, nice birds.

ET - think we'll need another clue, or number on letters or something on yours.

Essex Tern said:
P/N: Did that bird really come running round that hill wearing a waistcoat!?

....OK further clue to an element of the the original clue: Ed Sheeran wrote a song about this.

And a totally different clue to the same bird:

P/N: Testing times for the young fisherman, especially having broken down last week.

Dan see post 37
ET - too hard for me - Dan seems to be on the right track.

This is all from me for now so will leave you with these easy ones

6. P: Takes afternoon refreshment to hurry in before bad weather after
dark
(6,11)

7. O: Young French lady needs machine to lift in air (10,5)

Common Nightingale for 6 ?

Because there’s no point in having 2 threads running!

Did you ask for it to be closed? It's not your thread to decide - it's part of the community once it's going.

That's not the right way to do it ... if you wanted the other thread to end I guess it would be better to combine the two if anything.

Essentially threads very rarely if ever get locked, or deleted.

Some more from me to be going on with

8. WP: Child’s short bear to notice up front, attending most of Tchaikovskey Ballet - (7, 10)

9. N: Oriental timber for church seating takes double energy (7, 4-5)

10. WP: Drowned lover of Kate Winslet looses offspring (7)

11. WP: European language leads to fight and argument (7,7)

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back