• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Differences between FZ15 and FZ20 (1 Viewer)

affe22

What are the major differences between the FZ15 and the FZ20 outside of the fact that the FZ15 is 4 mp and the FZ20 is 5 mp? Is the noise better on the FZ15 at higher ISOs?

affe22 said:
What are the major differences between the FZ15 and the FZ20 outside of the fact that the FZ15 is 4 mp and the FZ20 is 5 mp? Is the noise better on the FZ15 at higher ISOs?

I believe www.dpreview.com had a long thread on this topic. From what I recall, FZ15 did actually handle noise better and many preferred the FZ15 to the FZ20. On the negative side, less mpixels and I don't think it has a hot shoe.

When I was researching the FZ's, the FZ15 was at the top of my list.

Again, check the dpreview site as they may have more current information.

Thanks for the information. I guess I'll just have to decide if less noise is more important or if I want the frills of a hot shoe, sound recording and 1 extra megapixel.

It also sounds like I may have a beast of a time trying to find a 15. That might add in to the decision.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back