• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dslr bird video thread (1 Viewer)

Looks like you don't want to miss anything, great setup, but not very good for walkabout.....I get bored in one place more than a few minutes.....

lol
the shot was to show the setup ,
I most times just use a monopod so only the lens and camera are on it as i walk everything else is in my bag ,i dont walk far though no more than half a mile or i would need sherpas .
Rob.

Has anyone started to put mini documentarys together? I would like to try like a little thing on a certain species or a place where I bird but havent got the first idea how to "storyboard" such a thing. If anyone comes across a book that teaches you how to make wildlife films post the link please! :)

You could try reading the following book, available from Amazon....

Go Wild With Your Camcorder, How to make wildlife films, by Piers Warren.

Although it is aimed at camcorder users it does cover subjects such as tripods, microphones, choice of subjects, documentary themes, technique, fieldcraft and editing. For anyone just starting to shoot video it could be useful.

Mike

Thanks I will give that a try.

I believe the editting and converting techniques I was using were have having an adverse affect on the quality.
So a note of caution if you use Moviemaker or AVC.

Since writing this, I now have access to a Windows 7 PC: "Windows Live Movie Maker" does a much better job of basic editing for clips, and maintaining the quality.

Peter

Not great but I took this today. A Mountain Hawk Eagle eating a salmon in the snow..............

I cropped the video and uploaded the crop to youtube.

Taken with the 100-400L and 1.4 T/C.

Help please : Used the 7D in video mode on Friday and got some decent footage (well decent for me being the first time I've had a go) of a Bittern.But what to do now if I want to post it on say Vimeo.

I do not want to edit it happy to post it warts and all but what do I have to do to post it and get a decent sized and sharp version.Any help would be appreciated.

Max.

if your using windows you could use movie maker that comes free with it
then when your done save it as a .h264 (mp4) file at around 5000kbps.
Your probably best loading to youtube as its relatively quick in showing the video.
Vimeo is only better when you pay for their service.

Looking forward to your Bittern video.

nice footage but as you say audio not so good ,that was the first thing i found out, the wind really is picked up by the mic.
Rob.

Rob do you have a video where you were using the rode mic on the hotshoe?
Im just wondering what that sounds like, I remember you said you can still hear the IS motor but was wondering just how bad it was with the mic up there.

Cheers

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back