• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Early Spider Orchid info please (1 Viewer)

The 2 times I've seen E S Orchid in Kent were 26th May 85 & 8th May 99 when there were good numbers both times in good condition.

Mike.

In the last few years around the first week in May has been optimum at Samphire Hoe,but it looks like this season may be early.

PM me if you want more specific site info.

Mark

Numbers are so high at Dover that I suspect there will be plenty still in good condition by the first Bank Holiday weekend.

At that time there will be good numbers of Green-winged out, along with Lady's and the like.

If the season is as early as it appears it's going to be, we'll make it the week before, Dave.

Sean

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back