• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

field guide and other bird books for Xmas (1 Viewer)

warren30

hi everyone after getting back in to birdwatching after Years away,I would like another field guide maybe another large book and a pocket size, I have the RSpb handbook of British birds (woodpecker on front cover edition) not sure which Collins to get my local smiths have the new edition updated collins book the black cover one with all mistakes edited out or another recommendation's from you guys links would be helpful,confused when go to waterstones so many from diff writers,and would like a nice bird book to read,how many field guides should you have.

Can't go wrong with the Collins. If you've got a smart phone I'd seriously consider one of the bird ID apps to!

thanks guys the Collins is def on the list,have browsed throu that book looks great,I will check out the bird apps I do have a smart phone,will probally get small pocket book too.also Is there a book with checklist in or do you use a notebook,pretty sure my old book had checklist in it.

I remember years back i used to have a pocket book that was ok in the field and fit easilly in the pocket and this also had a checklist in the back.Mitchell Beazley Birdwatchers pocket guide , don't know if its still available to buy though.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back