• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Flycatcher and Warbler, Death Valley Nat. Park, California, United States of America (1 Viewer)

SHolt

I'm processing some old images taken in Cow Creek (Park Housing) about 3 miles north of the Visitors Center in Furnace Creek, California .

The flycatcher was photographed on 05 August 2008 at 1152 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time (PDT).

The warbler was photographed on 20 August 2007 at 0958 a.m. PDT. I identified it as a Yellow Warbler.

Thanks for any assistance.

Attachments

• DUFL.jpg
    DUFL.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 56
  • Crop_YellowWarbler_20070820.jpg
    Crop_YellowWarbler_20070820.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 48
I’m not great with flycatchers, but I think a Willow Flycatcher.

My impression on the empid is Gray Flycatcher e.g. in terms of shape, plumage tone (quite pale and greyish) and bill pattern (with dark tip to lower mandible). I suspect that's a likely species in the area too.

My impression on the empid is Gray Flycatcher e.g. in terms of shape, plumage tone (quite pale and greyish) and bill pattern (with dark tip to lower mandible). I suspect that's a likely species in the area too.

I agree with this, also the round head and somewhat large looking bill is good for Gray. Willow would have a contrasting white-throat, I get a tougher time being sure that it is not a dusky but I think Gray is a better guess in my opinion.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back