• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fungus as Art? (1 Viewer)

John A Roberts

Australia
Fotohaus Basel has just listed online a Swarovski 8x20 Pocket model from 1990 that’s seen better days.
What's of most interest are the striking images of the internal fungus!

Fungus!.jpg

John

p.s. The Swarovski 8x20B Pocket model was introduced in 1989, with the 10x25B following in 1992.
They were made until 2013, when they were replaced by the CL x25 Pocket models.
All of the original series was sealed but not filled with nitrogen until mid 2003,
when the designation was changed to BN.

Last edited:
Wow!
But adding these pictures in the description of the advert makes this a trustworth seller imo.

edit: just saying, this is a serious comment. That is as it should be

Last edited:
You could almost guess the species of fungus from that. The buyer can’t complain if not being told what they’re buying…. I assume it has lead to a lower asking price??

Peter

Fotohaus Basel has just listed online a Swarovski 8x20 Pocket model from 1990 that’s seen better days.
What was of most interest were the striking images of the internal fungus!

View attachment 1554810

John

p.s. The Swarovski 8x20B Pocket model was introduced in 1989, with the 10x25B following in 1992.
They were made until 2013, when they were replaced by the CL x25 Pocket models.
All of the original series was sealed but not filled with nitrogen until mid 2003,
when the designation was changed to BN.
Guess I won't be going to bed after all :eek::eek::eek:

Fungus is art in another way. :)
(Just to keep it on topic, I bring binoculars along on mushroom forays)

Attachments

• IMG_6785.JPG
    IMG_6785.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 13

Users who are viewing this thread

Back