• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden Warbler or Blackcap! (1 Viewer)

sooseee

Out walking and listening- song increasing in volume and 'depth' to full throated wables and chirrups- song quiet and almost scratchy or reedy at start . Bird in midst of hawthorn - saw outline- robin sized- and thin beak.

not good with bird song but idon't think a garden warbler starts of scratchy, blackcap start of scratchyish then change to a louder more err? blck birdy sort of thing.
i did say i am not to good on bird song so theres my effort.

agreed ... the scratchier elements at the beginning indicate Blackcap more than Garden as does the intensity of the song (starting relatively quiet then building up in volume)... though I have heard Garden sound remarkably similar to Blackcap a couple of times.

luke said:
not good with bird song but idon't think a garden warbler starts of scratchy, blackcap start of scratchyish then change to a louder more err? blck birdy sort of thing.
i did say i am not to good on bird song so theres my effort.

thanks ,luke that helps- going for blackcap!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back