• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden (Yard) List 2014 (1 Viewer)

Still edging up, more migrants arriving - Red-backed Shrike and female Montagu's Harrier today. Also one adult White-tailed Eagle, not the first of the year though.

103. Montagu's Harrier
104. Red-backed Shrike

Last edited:
60. Spotted Flycatcher
Really nice to see that at least two birds are already present after a very poor year last year (just c.3-4 pairs, compared to c.20 in the year before that!). I can't believe I still haven't seen a Swift from my garden this year!

54. Eastern Towhee-5/10
55. Purple Martin-5/10
56. Tree Swallow-5/11
57. Magnolia Warbler-5/12
58. Blackpoll Warbler-5/12
59. Cedar Waxwing-5/12
60. Red-eyed Vireo-5/12
61. American Redstart-5/12

A bit late! however a slightly tatty Red Kite, just as the sun broke through the gloom and the temperature rose at mid-day, was well received as my first for the year, suddenly appearing with two other large Bops, one of which was a CB, the other disappeared into the blanket grey. no.63.

Still stuck on 65 here - not surprising really as it was snowing at dawn so not exactly welcoming for the summer visitors!!

Might go out in the garden before dark this evening, now, where did I put my thermals ?

Richard

Still stuck on 65 here - not surprising really as it was snowing at dawn so not exactly welcoming for the summer visitors!!

Might go out in the garden before dark this evening, now, where did I put my thermals ?

Richard

Ei, turned cold here this weekend too ...ten degrees max and rain all day today, right yuk for mid-May!

Yesterday I was very pleased to get Roe deer from my house

Today while watching an unusual Swift two

70 : Yellow wagtails

flew by.

Nice Pine Marten being mobbed by small birds today...

Plus few more additions:

105. Hobby
106. Icterine Warbler
107. Sedge Warbler
108. Common Rosefinch

Also two migrant Montagu's Harriers over.

New birds over my place today - NATO jets! Thanks to some paranoia over Russian expansionism and possible moves on the Baltic States ...ha ha ha ... NATO has begun patrolling our airspace, so a little squadron of four jets in formation overhead today - my first record of a military jet in my airspace (Lithuanian army only has one jet, so they're proper rarities in this part of the world :-O )

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back