• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Golden Eagle and Goshawk? Paderborn 1 May '23 (1 Viewer)

Andy Hurley

Gotta love nature!
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Today above my balcony:

Looks like a Golden Eagle and in the last with a Goshawk? Firt time I have ever seen these 2 over my balcony. If they are that. The Eagle attacked and drove away the Gos. Please confirm or refute.

Thanks very much!

Attachments

• _ARD6799.JPG
    _ARD6799.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 99
  • _ARD6800.JPG
    _ARD6800.JPG
    865.3 KB · Views: 87
  • _ARD6801.JPG
    _ARD6801.JPG
    394.4 KB · Views: 97
  • _ARD6802.JPG
    _ARD6802.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 100
It cast a shadow as it passed, that's why we looked up, but yeah they are both more common here.

Last edited:
Could you please add a location (approx is ok of course)
Sorry, I only wrote Paderborn and forgot the Germany, which I usually always include.
Agree. Shape surely wrong for the eagle. Zooming in I see black kite black face mask and orange (edit: perhaps) chest on sprawk (tail shape wrong for gos)
I'm colourblind and didn't see the orange and thought the black on the smaller bird was the hood of a Gos! Good thing I asked. Thanks very much everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back