• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Golden Eagle Poisoned (1 Viewer)

I have to say that I feared something like this would happen at the end of this research. The report gives the impression that the research was carried out by the RSPB and other interested parties (which would not be appropriate), but I believe it was carried out by the government's Food and Environment Research Agency, so should be free of any bias.

The Study was carried out by Scottish Natural Heritage

Thanks yet again, Chris. You may have seen that a comment or two have now appeared on the Simon Barnes article. Some of those working on Scottish eagle projects have asked that I do what I can to keep this issue 'alive' and for the sake of the birds' welfare, I will stay alert to doing what little I can, even just by keeping people informed. Can't just stand back and be saddened by dreadful pictures of dead eagles. I can at least draw attention to the fact that these beautiful birds need protection. They are individuals - not carcases.

In the same spirit I've included goldies in a brief piece about poisoning red kites that I've spread around Facebook.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back