• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello fellow bird lovers (1 Viewer)

Daisybug

United States
Hello! Daisy here in the Piedmont of North Carolina. I'm familiar with birds of prey, colorful birds such as Blue Jays, Cardinals, bluebirds woodpeckers, and of course my favorite, hummingbirds. I've recently moved out into the country and in swarmed by small brown birds which I believe to be house sparrows. I have multiple caged squirrel proof feeders and somehow, these little fellas, are getting inside the feeders?? I've released at least six today alone. The holes are tiny and I do not understand how they are getting in. They are also deterring the beautiful songbirds. Does anyone have any suggestions here?

Hi there Daisy and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)
We're glad you found us and please join in wherever you like. ;)

I'm down in Myrtle Beach so we're living in sister states ;)

Hi there Daisy and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)
We're glad you found us and please join in wherever you like. ;)

I'm down in Myrtle Beach so we're living in sister states ;)
Thank you! I'm originally from Wilmington North Carolina and a frequent MB visitor!

Hi Daisy and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Hi, welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group. Can‘t help with the feeder problem.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back