• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Hanover, Germany (1 Viewer)

marwey

Germany
Hi there,
I'm new and try to figure out what this forum is all about...
Originally I am from Saxony-Anhalt where I started birding as a Teenager. In Dundee (Scotland) I spent a year and connected with a few local birders, who introduced me to seabirds, lifelists etc. I recently moved to Hanover. Always keen to meet other birders. Say hello if your'e in the area :)
You can find my profile on ebird: Sign in

Hi, welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group. It is quite a large forum, but I’m sure you will get used to it soon.

Hi Martin and a warm welcome from me too. We have a few members in the Dundee/Perthshire/Angus/Fife area - all things Scottish can be found here. Also, keep an eye on threads titled something like Scottish Bashes; we try to meet up occasionally and they're always great fun. You'd be most welcome to join us on another if you can manage.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Hi Martin and a warm welcome from me too. We have a few members in the Dundee/Perthshire/Angus/Fife area - all things Scottish can be found here. Also, keep an eye on threads titled something like Scottish Bashes; we try to meet up occasionally and they're always great fun. You'd be most welcome to join us on another if you can manage.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.
Hi Delia, thanks for the warm welcome and the Scotland pointers. I enjoyed my time in Dundee and the birding trips to Montrose basin and various coastal places. A daytrip to the Isle of May during puffin breeding season was definitely an unforgettable highlight of my time in Scotland. Still have friends in Edinburgh - so hopefully will be back at some point and might even be able join your bashes (y)

Obviously we haven't been able to organise a bash since Covid. Maybe next spring we'll be able to start thinking about another?

Agree with you about the Isle of May - a great place to go. I guess you know about Musselburgh Lagoons near Edinburgh - always worth a visit when in the area.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back