• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Warwickshire (1 Viewer)

huma11

Hi, Delighted to be a member of this fantastic community. I live in Leamington Spa in Warwickshire and all of this is new to me. In the last few weeks I have bought a new set of bins and have just got an Opticron IS60ED scope, with 16-48x eyepiece - so I am raring to go. I have always enjoyed taking photos of birds but I am amazed at the quality of your gallery entries. What I have found very interesting and useful is the information about camera make and lens, appended to each photo. This has already given me some good ideas about where I should be heading. Look forward to joining in future discussions.

Hi huma11 and a warm welcome to you on behalf of the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I'll look forward to your contributions.

D

Hi Huma11

Welcome to Birdforum. You will find a group of very friendly and knowledgable local birders on here. Have a look at the local Warwickshire / West Midlands threads for what is about. Don't be afraid to ask any of us for advice.

Hi Kevin, Thanks for the encouragement. Incidentally, I had already seen your website and blogs through other web searches, as well as Richard's - "one man and his pond". I found these very impressive indeed. It is very good to make contact with you and thanks for the offer of advice, which I will gladly take up. I have only been out and about on a couple of occasions so far - Brandon (x3) and Draycote - and bird identification is a considerable challenge. Good wishes for now, Hugh

Hey Hugh

Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope that you enjoy your visits.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back