• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello (1 Viewer)

LadyJayne

Hello from Florida where spring arrived last weekend with a flock of
Goldfinches and Sparrow's. The Cardinals are ever present but I saw the Blue Jay and the Red throated woodpecker also the brown headed cowbird. That bird has a horrible name, but they at the Goldfinch mix like they had not eaten in days. I had to refill the thistle twice already and it needs refilled again today.

Hi LadyJane and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

I have not had nearly the amount of Goldfinches that I experienced last year. Good and bad there ;) Not spending as much on thistle but I would say my numbers are down by more than 50%.

We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello to us all.

Hi, LadyJayne! Another warm welcome to you from BirdForum!

So far have seen only one Lesser Goldfinch at the feeders, and that was before we got 2 1/2' of snow dumped on us the past two days. Maybe spring will arrive tomorrow with some more yellow birdies. :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back