• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help (1 Viewer)

Elliotlou

England
We live in a bungalow and every morning we have a coal tit tapping on the windows waking us all up, this has only just started in the past month, never had it happen before! I’m not convinced it’s a reflection thing as it seems to go on any window around the bungalow-at that time in the morning some windows won’t be reflective. Please help

Hi Elliotlou and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. Seeing something in the window which looks like a rival is nearly always the cause of this window tapping by various species. Always at the time of year. Usually putting something at the spot, like a pot plant or vase, breaks that image up.

If you are sure it isn't reflection (it will move around the house depending on the direction of the light), maybe ending up on the car mirrors!), perhaps you need to do some research of your own property Keep records and try different things to see if they work, or not. Please let us know your results as they could really be useful.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi, welcome to the forum. Sorry, can’t help with your question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back