• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Here are the new modular Swarovski scopes (4 Viewers)

Hi -

I do not go on BF all that often, so I missed seeing your request. If you have not received this before, here you go.

Clay Taylor

Is there a concise chart that shows actual focal length based on sensor size (e.g. Nikon V1, Sony Nex 6, Canon M, etc.) and magnification on the scope?
Obviously the apparent focal length goes up as the sensor size (crop) goes down.
Thanks for any links.

Attachments

• ATX Photo Values 2014.xlsx
    13.7 KB · Views: 198
Wow! Do you get see them once a month, once a year, how often?

Very hard to say... In my tours, only 2 places I could try to see them. Either at Sepilok Forest Reserve or Danum Valley. Even with playback, they sometimes don't bother hahaha.

The ATX 65 is good enough for bird ID in the rainforest here :king:

Common Kingfisher / Stork-billed Kingfisher

One of the visitor from North Asia and the largest Kingfisher in my place. Both were Digiscoped with Swarovski STX 95 + TLS APO + Nikon V1 ~ 30x = 2430mm on the same lake

DSC_2149 Common Kingfisher.JPG DSC_2098 Stork-billed Kingfisher.JPG

Orange-breasted Trogon

One of the rare birds in Borneo and shooting at low shutter speed is the advantage of Digiscoping ~ Swarovski STX 95 + TLS APO + Nikon V1 ~ 30x = 2430mm ~ 1/5s

DSC_2658 Orange-breasted Trogon.jpg

Black-headed Pitta

Endemic Pitta found only in Sabah, Borneo. The low light rainforest in the morning forcing me to used ISO 6400 and only at 1/2.5s Digiscoping ~ Swarovski STX 95 + TLS APO + Nikon V1 ~ 30x = 2430mm

DSC_3415 Black-headed Pitta.jpg

Hi Jason, All of your pictures are great!! The Black-headed Pitta looks really good considering what sounds like really low light conditions!!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back