• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hey everyone! (1 Viewer)

Laviscannon

Hey, my name's mike and I'm from Winnipeg manitoba which is in Canada. Anyways I have 2 budgies, named Cinnamon (green) and Pandora (blue)

I have 2 reasons why I subscribed to these forums.

The first being that I love birds, they are my favorite type of pet and I just overall enjoy them

2nd of all I really need someone's help. On my way home from a restauraunt with my GF last night , she noticed something hopping across a parkinglot, so we checked it out and it was a baby bird. I must have fallen from the trees nearby. Anyways I didn't know what to do, it couldn't get back up the tree, the mother couldn't pick it up, and there was parkinglot all around. After waiting around not knowing what to do for awhile, I saw the mother give up on it.

I didn't want the bird to die out there, it was quite windy and chilly, there was parking lot all over, and there was no way for the bird to get back up to the tree. So I took it, I didn't want to leave the helpless bird in the middle of a parking lot. Not knowing what to do, I put it into my bird cage, and since it's having trouble standing on the perches properly, I made it something to sit in. I have no clue what to feed it, so I attempted to give it bird seed, no luck. The little guy's probably hungry but it's 3am and I don't know what to do. My budgies seem to accept the little sparrow into their cage. And I gave the sparrow a little bath before putting him in. He cannot fly yet either. I just wanna help the little bird out and release him when he's able to fly and I'm gonna try my best to he survives that long.

I have NO experience with wild birds so I was wondering if anyone could help me out here, and give me a little instruction as to what to do or what I could feed him. I was thinking oatmeal, but I didn't want to try anything just in case. There's no chance of me getting worms at this hour, and I can't do anything tomorrow morning because my graduation convocation is then.

nvm guys.It died today right after my graduation I got home and found it dead headless in the hallway. My STUPID cat decided to rip open the cage, then the bird flew out I guess. My cat chewed it up a bit. It ate the goddamn bird's head, broke it's legs and chewed it! what a crazy situation to come home to from grad. It was an awesome little bird too, I just wanted to take care of it and get it back on its feet :(

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back