• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi everybody (1 Viewer)

kev68

Hello my name is Kevin and I live in the county of Durham in the UK. I have been interested in bird watching for about a year now and I love getting away from the hussle and bussle of every day life. My favourite location is a place called Fylands ponds which is 10 mins walk from where I live and its a disused fishing pond and I keep an eye on the wetland birds that visit all year round. The farmer who's land its on has let me have the responsibility of looking after the birds in this beautiful little pond and watching out for idiots who try and shoot the odd one from time to time. Sorry for the long intro.|:D|

Last edited:
Hi Kevin and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news. It sounds like you've found yourself a lovely patch to watch!

Thanks for the warm welcome Delia, its a !ovely little spot as my favorite is a pair of Merlin's that hunt around the pond area.|;|

Oh nice!!!!

I get a bit lost with the geography round your way, so just been checking out where I've been (I don't do cities!) but found I have stopped at Rainton Meadows a couple of times on my journeys south, just nice timing for lunch. But it's a few years now since I last did that run.

Hi ya Kev and welcome aboard :t:

I know what you mean about deleting the every day stresses with a bit of time for birding. I'm always happiest when I am out birding ;)

Hi ya Kev and welcome aboard :t:

I know what you mean about deleting the every day stresses with a bit of time for birding. I'm always happiest when I am out birding ;)
Hi and thanks for the welcome looking forward to being involved in some of the posts.:t:

Welcome to BirdForum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back