• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi from the Suffolk/Norfolk border (1 Viewer)

paddy7

Hi - I live alongside the River Waveney which divides the two counties, and consider it one of God's personal favours that i should end up here. In the one or two 'dead months' for birds, the marshes and meadows are alive with dragons and damsels, which has become my latest 'sub-obsession'.
Between the 9-5 shifts at work, i spend most of the time birding, playing bass with a number of local bands and building/maintaining wildlife gardens.
This year i got struck down by plantar fasciitis, a particularly painful and long-lasting foot complaint, which has cut down mobility considerably. Having used BirdForum as a resource for ages, i thought i should perhaps occasionally contribute something - the conversations here are great for keeping in touch when your own activities are limited by injury!
Watch the age of your walking boots, mates - that's what did it for me, and you definitely don't want this injury! It has taught me how to sit and wait for birds to come to me though....
All the best to the community.

Hi and welcome to BF from all the staff here, we hope you enjoy the site. Feel free to join in wherever you fancy.
cheers,
Andy

Hi paddy and a warm welcome from me too

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I'll look forward to your contributions.

D

Hey paddy

Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope that you enjoy your visits.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back