• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi there - I work as a Private Guide in Africa (1 Viewer)

Mopanezam

South Africa
I have had numerous pairs of binoculars over the 40 years I've been guiding - from super cheap rubbish (as guides don't get paid much) to what I've found to be my ideal, a pair of Zeiss Victory 10x32 FL's, being super light and super sharp with rapid focus and crystal bright image. Along the journey brands that have stuck out as worthwhile have been Nikon and Pentax (who make a 9x42 option) with quality optics at more moderate prices. I am continually surprised at the cheaper binoculars proving to be better and better, such as the Nikon prostaff (that was cheap and nasty previously in my view) series now in great build quality and super bright optics. In my line of work binoculars need to be built, tough pack easy, be light on the neck and easy/sharp to catch image be it birding or wildlife.

Hi Mopanezam and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi, welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back