• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hisoronu Area (1 Viewer)

Iceberg slim

Fly by night
United Kingdom
..Cant get any flights to Lesvos for 4, so alternative plans are to be planned (Hisoronu) May 3 -17, so any info on the rarer species i might encounter would be greatly appreciated, have been to Lesvos so most species covered, will do a fair bit of Birding, but is mainly a sun holiday for the two non birding ladies accompanying us, thanks peeps

Last edited:
Ok had to change venues, now booked in at Side, from beginning of may, any up to date info on locations of some good birding, much appreciated..

We are going to be in Side from 3rd of may, is it worth booking online for Brown fish Owl tour, heard conflicting stories on this??
Are their other birders in the area at that time, that want to share the costs, if the private tour is the way?

Hi all,

Just back from a family holiday based in Side, my first visit to Turkey. Found an area of farmland & scrub near our hotel which served as my local patch for the week & proved to be quite productive. Highlights were single Cretzschmars Bunting & Collared Flycatcher, Masked, Woodchat, & Red Backed Shrikes, White Spectacled Bulbul, Graceful Prinia, & excellent very close views of Hoopoe. The area looks to have a lot of potential in Spring migration & think I will be back in the future.

Cheers,

John.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back